Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Can Original Battery Of 7.2v Use 7.4v Battery Does 7.2V Instead Of 7.4V Matter For Lithium Ion Batteries For Digital Cameras?

Does 7.2V instead of 7.4V matter for Lithium Ion batteries for Digital Cameras? - can original battery of 7.2v use 7.4v battery

I'm trying to buy an extra battery for my Canon. The model number NB-2LH rechargeable battery (7.4 V, 850 mAh).

At ebay and some online stores, I found batteries that claim to be compatible. My questions:
1. As they are reliable.
2. Many say 7.2V (instead of the original grading of 7.4 V). Does it matter?

I have this link that says it does not matter. I want your opinion.

http://www2.geek.com/discus/messages/196 ...

1 comment:

bobk said...

I have no experience with generic Canon batteries, but I have a general battery Nikon is 7.2V instead 7.4vy never had a problem with it.

I bought dozens of Li-ion online generic and have never had any problems with them. My only recommendation is to make sure you use an external charger for charging batteries. Some generic batteries do not have the same protection against overloads in themselves and things would be quite possible to damage the charging circuit, charging into the room. In a separate charger, there is no danger.

Bob K
www.CameraRepairs.com

Post a Comment